Akaso v50 Pro vs Elite
Modern cameras are equipped with some quite brilliant mechanics. Lens zoom capabilities that make you feel as though you could be stood right next to your subject. Waterproof cases that allow you to capture views of the ocean floor. Video editing technology that can make even a novice photographer appear professional. Thanks to the rapid development of this technology, even the most scientifically marvelous designs have become available at very reasonable price points.
It has become common practice for more adventurous people to buy cameras to suit the needs of their extreme lifestyle. Action cameras are designed to endure even the toughest conditions, from staying functional in extreme cold or desert heat to withstanding the pressure of the depths of the ocean or the constant impact of a bike as it rattles down a mountainside. These gadgets are built with toughness in mind.
However, despite their robust construction, some remain extremely sleek and stylish in their design. In fact, when looking at these remarkably small action cameras you wouldn’t ever think it conceivable that they could be as incredibly strong as they are. With nifty features such as touchscreen control and even built in Wi-Fi, they can compete with some of the more hi-tech compact cameras on the market, despite their affordability. This is where AKASO action cameras fit in.
AKASO has had an incredible journey during the last decade, starting from scratch to becoming one of the leading names in action camera production. The company focuses on creating quality products that are within a very reasonable price range, making their cameras readily available for a much wider customer base. Recently they have started to expand on their product ranges, making adventure photography available to a much larger crowd.
I have found AKASO cameras to be extremely robust despite their remarkably hi-tech capabilities. Their stylish designs and sleek controls, including waterproof touchscreens, add a creative touch that makes their low cost seem inconceivable.
Of the range of cameras available on the AKASO website, these two models stood out amongst the rest as the best low cost action cameras on the market.
What to Look for in an Action Camera
As with any camera, the factors to take into consideration when buying an action camera are beyond numerous. Beyond the basic functionality of the intricate camera mechanisms themselves, there is also a durability that can be taken into account. Strong materials, waterproof casing and compact designs are just a handful of the features that make these cameras ideal for taking on your most extreme adventures.
These are some of the basic components of an action camera to keep in mind when looking to buy one of your own:
- Technological features. Everything from the zoom potential of the lens to the power potential of the battery, these are the fundamentals that can differentiate one camera from another. As with most features, there isn’t a correct and incorrect choice when it comes to the camera’s technical features, instead it is simply a matter of preference.
- Image and video resolution. This is a vital element of any camera. Measured in pixels, the resolution is essentially what separates a good picture from a great picture. AKASO cameras typically have the potential to take high-resolution images and videos, taking your photography to the next level.
- Durability. This is where AKASO cameras really stand out. Incredibly strong for such a small and technically advanced gadget, these cameras can withstand heavy blows, severe abrasion and even delving deep into the great blue sea. Whilst some are stronger than others, all of these action cameras are built to capture the most extreme locations on earth.
- Extra features. AKASO cameras have the remarkable ability to combine incredibly advanced technology with their robust builds. Touchscreen control, wind noise reduction and time-lapse capabilities are just a few of the fantastic extra features that epitomize the potential of these cameras. Some models have more than others, but each will provide enough additional features to keep you intrigued for hours on end.
The Best AKASO Action Cameras
Everything from flying through a rugged mountain range on a BMX to diving with gigantic sea creatures in the depths of the planet’s oceans can be brilliantly captured by these cameras. Each has an abundance of incredible features that help you take pristine images and video footage of your adventures. Designed specifically for adventurous spirits that push themselves to the limit, AKASO action cameras are as tough as they are advanced.
Having thoroughly researched AKASO’s range of cameras I tried my best at whittling down the options to the very best of the lot. Below are the two models of AKASO camera that really stood out for me. The incredible combination of image taking potential, robust design and mind-blowing price point is what separates these cameras from the rest.
Without further ado, here are the two best AKASO cameras available to buy now:
The AKASO V50 Pro camera is specifically designed for capturing excellent quality video footage of your adventure, be it extreme sports or venturing into unexplored lands. Capable of recording 4k images at 30 frames per second, the action camera creates clear and crisp video footage of even the fastest moving action. The built in EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) helps prevent your videos from looking blurred and distorted, giving them a professional look.
Extra features such as the touch screen display and wireless remote control capabilities make the V50 Pro extremely easy to function despite the next level potential of the technology. Small yet powerful, this model can be controlled by both voice and wirelessly, offering versatility and an extra level of control to the user. With 8x zoom capabilities, the camera can bring even the most distant objects within close range on its 2 inch responsive screen.
Key specs of the product:
- Product Dimensions: 2.36 x 0.94 x 1.57 inches
- Product Weight: 1.52 pounds
- Batteries: 2 Lithium Polymer batteries required (included)
- Capable of taking underwater video footage at a depth of 30m.
- Voice and wireless controls add versatility to the model’s spectrum.
- Electronic Image Stabilization keeps your video footage crisp and clean.
- Cannot capture sound from all directions without the external microphone.
The AKASO V50 Pro action camera is perfect for capturing video footage in extreme conditions. Its ability to take videos at a water depth of up to 30m is a testament to the incredible resilience of this camera. Wireless app control also allows the user to share their images and videos on social media with the simple touch of a button. The slow motion video capture, 8x zoom and image stabilization are a symbol of this model’s potential when it comes to capturing your life’s most dramatic moments.
This action camera from AKASO is just slightly larger than the AKASO V50 Pro, but with the minor increase in size comes greater functionality. With an IPS display 2-inch touch screen, voice control and EIS attributes to make your image capturing experience all the easier, the technological innovation behind this model is mind boggling. A 170 degree wide angle lens makes your images and footage look all the more epic, whilst slow motion capture gives you the option of adding an extra level of dramatic impact to your videos.
Capable of shooting in incredible 4k clarity at 60 frames per second and capturing images of up to 20MB, it is amongst the very highest quality images capable of being taken on an action camera. The AKASO V50 Elite’s built in Wi-Fi connection lets you seamlessly connect to your other devices, allowing you to take remote control from afar before sharing your images and videos on social media with astonishing ease.
As adept at shooting images in the tallest mountain ranges as it is in the deepest oceans, the V50 Elite’s waterproof casing can withstand water damage to an incredible depth of up to 40m. This makes it a great camera for those looking to capture their scuba diving experiences.
Key specs of the product:
- Product Dimensions: 2.36 x 1.18 x 1.57 inches
- Product Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Batteries: 2 Lithium Polymer batteries required (included)
- The advanced Electronic Image Stabilization tech prevents videos becoming blurred.
- Built in WiFi makes the camera extremely easy to use in unison with social media.
- The 4k/60fps capabilities are unsurpassed by any other make of action camera.
- Cannot record sound when recording video underwater.
To summarize, this camera is ideal for those wishing to capture the extreme. Despite its small size, it is incredibly sturdy and can be used at amazing depths when snorkeling or scuba diving. The option of taking wider lens images is a nice addition that makes both detailed close ups and awe-inspiring landscape snaps equally possible.
Will these make good cameras for recording YouTube videos?
Yes, both cameras are ideal for recording videos for YouTube and other social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook.
How is the sound recording quality for these two models?
The sound quality on both models is good, however you will have to remove the waterproof case to use the built in microphone to its full potential. If you wish to take the sound recording to another level there are additional accessories that can make this possible.
Do these cameras have a webcam mode?
Do these cameras come with batteries?
Yes. Both cameras come with lithium polymer batteries as well as a charger.
Are the cameras waterproof without their cases?
No. Both cameras are only fully waterproof with the case equipped.
Both of these AKASO action cameras are easy to use, stylish and extremely effective at capturing high-speed action and miraculous locations. Whilst they are undoubtedly similar, these cameras each have their own particular features that make each stand out ahead of the other in particular respects.
Whilst both are undoubtedly great value, capturing excellent quality pictures and videos with ease despite being available for under $150, there is more to these cameras than the qualities of the imagery that they capture. An abundance of extra features give each a feeling of the true premium quality and high-tech potential expected of the most upmarket action cameras available.
Designed to capture the most adrenaline-fuelled moments in life, it is important to take the nature of your adventurous intentions into account when deciding which model better suits you. Regardless of whether you will use the camera for recording adrenaline-pumping sports or looking to capture the perfect moment in an exotic land, one of these cameras is sure to suit your needs to perfection.